Aight here's one.
Couldn't sleep last night. Gerald up there movin the chair again — and before somebody ask, YES it's the same chair. I know the sound of that specific chair goin about four feet across a floor and then stoppin. Forty minutes of that. Then quiet. Then it start up again like he forgot he already did it once.
And underneath me Denise got the news on at a volume I can only describe as MUNICIPAL.
So I'm layin there in the middle of all that and around 3:47 I figured somethin out, and I got up and I drew it.

- 3am.png (7.83 KiB) Viewed 71 times
That's the situation. That's the whole thing right there.
Ain't nobody arguin. That's what got me. Nobody upstairs or downstairs even knows I'm part of this. Gerald doin Gerald. Denise doin Denise. Two grown people livin they lives full blast in opposite directions and I'm just the layer in between holdin it together like a sandwich don't nobody wanna order.
Here's the deep thought part though, since that's the thread.
I could knock. Either direction. Ceiling or floor, one knock, it stops. I know it stops. And in three years I have not done it one single time. And it ain't because I'm nice. It's because the second I knock, I become A MAN WHO KNOCKS. That's my whole identity in that building from then on. That's what I am in the hallway. That's what I am at the mailboxes.
So instead I lay there at 3:47 in the mornin and I take it, and I been tellin myself for three years that's patience.
Sayin it out loud right now I'm realizin that ain't a moral position at all. That's just a man who don't wanna have a conversation.
Marcus seen the drawing and said "put it in the act." I said how. He said "just show em the picture." I said Marcus that ain't a bit, that's a PICTURE. He said "people like pictures."
I hate that he might be right about that.