Incel battery tester, 12 volt
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8687
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8687
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Incel battery tester, 12 volt
Got in the mail the other day and I have tested every 12 volt battery around here I could find 
First up, car #1: Health: 39%
Charge: 76%
Impedance: 7.96
This was the reason I bought the tester. Back in the day, getting the duralast GOLD from autozone was top of the line, would last 6 years and cost around $95. And then it was $125. And then it was $180. And then $220. A few months ago it was $240. The warranty went from 5 years to just three. And the last batch only came with a three year warranty
In fact the battery above is a duralast gold from 2022 and is in a car that only drives about 1000 miles a year. I'm not sure at what point the battery will stop starting the car/completely fail, but I doubt this one will make it to the 6 year mark. And ain't no way I'm paying $200+ when I know the crap at Tractor Supply will make it 3-4 years and only cost $150 
Next up, car #2:
Health: 100%
Charge: 99%
Impedance: 3.73
This is a new battery, "Continental". Bought from local hardware store for $150. The plan was to put the old one in the old tractor.
Next up, new tractor with old mystery battery: Health: 16%
Charge: 97%
Impedance: 8.93
No clue about this one, branded "Exide". Not sure if it is john deere original equipment, but I doubt it. Can't find a date on it, but didn't look too hard. Currently struggles to start the tractor.
Next up, the old car #2 battery: Health: 59%
Charge: 82%
Impedance: 4.46
This was the battery from car #2, plan was to put it in the old tractor, but it would not turn over the tractor at all. It is also a duralast GOLD from 2022 I believe, so similar to car #1 above, but this car is driven about 3000 miles a year.
Not sure why it would not turn over the tractor. I tried charging it on a fancy digital charger but it refused and only showed the "sulfated" error message. That was a few weeks ago. Yet the tester says it is in great shape
I put it back on the charger and now it is charging
Maybe was just a bad connection? 
Next up, truck battery but it is actually in the old tractor: Health: 91%
Charge: 97%
Impedance: 4.09
This one is currently in the old tractor since the old one from car #2 wouldn't turn it over. So typically it is in the farm truck that is only started like 4 or 5 times a year and only driven less than 200 miles a year (typically). A "Continental" dated 2022. This one is confusing, not sure how it could be in that good of shape for four years old
Next up, super old battery in old john deere lawn mower: Health: 23%
Charge: 6%
Impedance: 8.59
Did this one just for fun. Also a "Continental", but not sure on the date. I remember putting the battery in this mower, and I also remember parking the mower in 2022 and not touching it since. So must be a battery from 2020 or 2021
Maybe I'll put it on the charger tomorrow
First up, car #1: Health: 39%
Charge: 76%
Impedance: 7.96
This was the reason I bought the tester. Back in the day, getting the duralast GOLD from autozone was top of the line, would last 6 years and cost around $95. And then it was $125. And then it was $180. And then $220. A few months ago it was $240. The warranty went from 5 years to just three. And the last batch only came with a three year warranty
Next up, car #2:
Health: 100%
Charge: 99%
Impedance: 3.73
This is a new battery, "Continental". Bought from local hardware store for $150. The plan was to put the old one in the old tractor.
Next up, new tractor with old mystery battery: Health: 16%
Charge: 97%
Impedance: 8.93
No clue about this one, branded "Exide". Not sure if it is john deere original equipment, but I doubt it. Can't find a date on it, but didn't look too hard. Currently struggles to start the tractor.
Next up, the old car #2 battery: Health: 59%
Charge: 82%
Impedance: 4.46
This was the battery from car #2, plan was to put it in the old tractor, but it would not turn over the tractor at all. It is also a duralast GOLD from 2022 I believe, so similar to car #1 above, but this car is driven about 3000 miles a year.
Not sure why it would not turn over the tractor. I tried charging it on a fancy digital charger but it refused and only showed the "sulfated" error message. That was a few weeks ago. Yet the tester says it is in great shape
Next up, truck battery but it is actually in the old tractor: Health: 91%
Charge: 97%
Impedance: 4.09
This one is currently in the old tractor since the old one from car #2 wouldn't turn it over. So typically it is in the farm truck that is only started like 4 or 5 times a year and only driven less than 200 miles a year (typically). A "Continental" dated 2022. This one is confusing, not sure how it could be in that good of shape for four years old
Next up, super old battery in old john deere lawn mower: Health: 23%
Charge: 6%
Impedance: 8.59
Did this one just for fun. Also a "Continental", but not sure on the date. I remember putting the battery in this mower, and I also remember parking the mower in 2022 and not touching it since. So must be a battery from 2020 or 2021
Maybe I'll put it on the charger tomorrow
-
infowar
- Posts: 969
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:11 pm
- Reactions score: 42
- Location: Dunkin world
Re: Incel battery tester, 12 volt
Mine goes crazy on lithium batteries. I got a kingbolen off the bay.
The cca and health % does not line up with real world use
The cca and health % does not line up with real world use
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8687
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Incel battery tester, 12 volt
Hmm charged over night and now readsSmucky wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 2:42 am
Health: 59%
Charge: 82%
Impedance: 4.46
This was the battery from car #2, plan was to put it in the old tractor, but it would not turn over the tractor at all. It is also a duralast GOLD from 2022 I believe, so similar to car #1 above, but this car is driven about 3000 miles a year.
Not sure why it would not turn over the tractor. I tried charging it on a fancy digital charger but it refused and only showed the "sulfated" error message. That was a few weeks ago. Yet the tester says it is in great shapeI put it back on the charger and now it is charging
Maybe was just a bad connection?
Health: 69%
Charge: 100%
Impedance: 4.12
But also says "replace"
-
NinjaPoodle
- Posts: 2889
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:33 pm
- Reactions score: 91
Re: Incel battery tester, 12 volt
It says on the screen that you need to replace the battery tester.
Budgerigars are delicious
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8687
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Incel battery tester, 12 volt
Put this battery (old battery from car #2) in the old tractor and it actually started it fine. I guess the first time there was too much crap on the connections or somethingSmucky wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2026 5:24 amHmm charged over night and now readsSmucky wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 2:42 am
Health: 59%
Charge: 82%
Impedance: 4.46
This was the battery from car #2, plan was to put it in the old tractor, but it would not turn over the tractor at all. It is also a duralast GOLD from 2022 I believe, so similar to car #1 above, but this car is driven about 3000 miles a year.
Not sure why it would not turn over the tractor. I tried charging it on a fancy digital charger but it refused and only showed the "sulfated" error message. That was a few weeks ago. Yet the tester says it is in great shapeI put it back on the charger and now it is charging
Maybe was just a bad connection?
Health: 69%
Charge: 100%
Impedance: 4.12
But also says "replace"
PXL_20260902_155745221.jpg
Now reading
Health: 61%
Charge: 96%
Impedance: 4.41
And the new battery I put in the polaris back in July, (duralast gold):
Health: 100%
Charge: 100%
Impedance: 6.86
And a new battery put in lawn mower also back in July (Continental):
Health: 100%
Charge: 77%
Impedance: 8.34
And super old battery (duralast gold) in crappy unused lawn mower from year 2020 or so. Although I did just charge it:
Health: 5%
Charge: 100%
Impedance: 37.09
So many batteries... and like $1000 I'm supposed to shell out every 4 years or so
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8687
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Incel battery tester, 12 volt
Forgot I charged that battery up and re-tested. Now reading:Smucky wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 2:42 am
Next up, super old battery in old john deere lawn mower:
PXL_20260831_224836923.jpg
Health: 23%
Charge: 6%
Impedance: 8.59
Did this one just for fun. Also a "Continental", but not sure on the date. I remember putting the battery in this mower, and I also remember parking the mower in 2022 and not touching it since. So must be a battery from 2020 or 2021
Maybe I'll put it on the charger tomorrow![]()
Health: 64%
Charge: 100%
Impedance: 5.20
Seems good