Equalizer off

Your virtual horse boarding super center
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Wife took the kids to the park and I'm here home alone all by myself
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Thought I'd listen to my stereo system haven't done that in a while.
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Old home theater stereo system from my teenage years. Been in a box for like 15 years I finally set it all up got the speakers set up a couple of years ago.
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

But it never really sounded right. I was always impressed with the power output you know it's 150 watts per channel or so. And you could hook up four speakers there's like two channel type things. channels a and channels b and each one can take two speakers.
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

But my speakers with a 10 inch subwoofers that I got as a Christmas present back in 1998 they just didn't hit like I remember. Figured they were so old maybe the magnets got weakened or something or maybe the placement in the room was just canceling out the bass or something.
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

So for today I'm still pretty disappointed with the sound. So I was messing with the equalizer. Seem like playing with equalizer made a little bit of a difference but not really. I knew the exact placement that I always had it in as a teenager for best sound ironically.
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

But then I realized the freaking equalizer was actually turned off. I hit the button and a red light came on and oh wow there's the sound

:poundtard:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Can't believe for like 2 years I thought stuff was screwed up :tard:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

PXL_20261009_184712523.jpg
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Wearing ear plugs because it goes up to 11

:fu:
PXL_20261009_191608975.jpg
:fu:
PXL_20261009_191650437_exported_1791573552797.jpg
:fu:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

It's up close to the ceiling and doesn't get good earflow. Looking like Max temp of 153 :scared:
PXL_20261009_192854292~2.jpg
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Got a fan on it now. Now it's running at 140. Still going strong. We don't stop. :fu:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

:guitar:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Bla. Now wife home :bleh:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
Smucky
Posts: 8675
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Reactions score: 129

Re: Equalizer off

Post by Smucky »

Honestly kind of confused now. I swear when I first set everything up a couple years ago that it was sounding pretty good, but then once I cranked it up, the bass sort of just disappeared. Was weird. Wondering if maybe I set the equalizer at a low volume and then between that time and the first time when I tried it at "high volume", somehow it got bumped and the eq was then disabled and I never noticed it for these two years :sherlock: Because I swear I "set it" when I first got it all hooked up :sieg:

Also, the "output" to the stereo is actually my $1k Sony Bravia TV and it didn't have any analog outputs so I had to get an optical to analog adapter thing
PXL_20261009_211920578.jpg
Wondering if maybe over the years some updates "fixed" the digital out or something on the Sony :sherlock:

Hmm, dunno. But had a good time this morning :bigthumb:
:cat:Smucky, the cat eating appendix
User avatar
NinjaPoodle
Posts: 2884
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:33 pm
Reactions score: 91

Re: Equalizer off

Post by NinjaPoodle »

Smucky wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:37 pm Bla. Now wife home :bleh:
:spit:
Budgerigars are delicious