Equalizer off
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Equalizer off
Wife took the kids to the park and I'm here home alone all by myself
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
Thought I'd listen to my stereo system haven't done that in a while.
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
Old home theater stereo system from my teenage years. Been in a box for like 15 years I finally set it all up got the speakers set up a couple of years ago.
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
But it never really sounded right. I was always impressed with the power output you know it's 150 watts per channel or so. And you could hook up four speakers there's like two channel type things. channels a and channels b and each one can take two speakers.
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
But my speakers with a 10 inch subwoofers that I got as a Christmas present back in 1998 they just didn't hit like I remember. Figured they were so old maybe the magnets got weakened or something or maybe the placement in the room was just canceling out the bass or something.
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
So for today I'm still pretty disappointed with the sound. So I was messing with the equalizer. Seem like playing with equalizer made a little bit of a difference but not really. I knew the exact placement that I always had it in as a teenager for best sound ironically.
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
But then I realized the freaking equalizer was actually turned off. I hit the button and a red light came on and oh wow there's the sound

-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
Can't believe for like 2 years I thought stuff was screwed up 
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
It's up close to the ceiling and doesn't get good earflow. Looking like Max temp of 153 
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
Got a fan on it now. Now it's running at 140. Still going strong. We don't stop. 
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
-
Smucky
- Posts: 8675
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 pm
- Reactions score: 129
Re: Equalizer off
Honestly kind of confused now. I swear when I first set everything up a couple years ago that it was sounding pretty good, but then once I cranked it up, the bass sort of just disappeared. Was weird. Wondering if maybe I set the equalizer at a low volume and then between that time and the first time when I tried it at "high volume", somehow it got bumped and the eq was then disabled and I never noticed it for these two years
Because I swear I "set it" when I first got it all hooked up
Also, the "output" to the stereo is actually my $1k Sony Bravia TV and it didn't have any analog outputs so I had to get an optical to analog adapter thing
Wondering if maybe over the years some updates "fixed" the digital out or something on the Sony
Hmm, dunno. But had a good time this morning
Also, the "output" to the stereo is actually my $1k Sony Bravia TV and it didn't have any analog outputs so I had to get an optical to analog adapter thing
Wondering if maybe over the years some updates "fixed" the digital out or something on the Sony
Hmm, dunno. But had a good time this morning
-
NinjaPoodle
- Posts: 2884
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:33 pm
- Reactions score: 91